An entrepreneurial, pragmatic and business-oriented approach
The Laga tax team provides top fiscal advisory services to Belgian and multinational corporate entities as well as private individuals. The practice has extensive expertise as general tax advisor to numerous companies thereby assisting them with their (inbound) investments, reorganisations, holding activities, planning for new and proposed regulations, and financing structures. Moreover, Laga helps companies implement practical, innovative strategies to better manage taxes and earnings and to enhance cash flow so they can focus on growing their business.
With decades of tax dispute experience and through a wealth of understanding in assisting and representing clients before Belgian and European courts and the Belgian Supreme Court, our Tax dispute resolution team is one of the most prominent practices in Belgium.
"Laga is very pragmatic in approaching issues with tax authorities. It's not about achieving a personal victory, they are really concerned with looking after the client."
Areas of expertise
Our Tax controversy team is specialised in a variety of services including:
- Advice on tactics and strategy
- Advice and assistance during tax audits
- Negotiations with the tax authorities and other officials
- Handling of tax claims at an administrative level
- Litigating in tax courts, including the Supreme Court, the
- Constitutional Court and the European Court of Justice
- Litigating in criminal courts.
Our Global Business Tax team is specialised in a variety of services including:
- Tax compliance
- Tax planning
- Assistance with reorganisations
- Business model optimisation
- Negotiation of tax rulings
- Tax regularisations
Our VAT team provides a wide range of services covering:
- real estate transactions (sellers and buyers)
- financial transactions
- restructuring companies
- representation of companies during VAT audits and appeal against assessments
- reduced VAT rates in the social sector
- screening and adapting your accounting software from a VAT perspective
- self-billing procedures
- social work exemptions
- reduced VAT rates in the field of real estate
- due diligences from a VAT perspective
- assistance on intra-EC transactions