Upcoming seminars and webinars
Powers of the trade unions and staff representatives in the company: A comparative approach of the constraints of the employer in different jurisdictions
Dbriefs Legal | Webinar | 11 December 2019 | 12:00 pm CET
Host: Nathalie Pequiman
Presenters: Fernando Bazan, Dr. Martin Doepner, Laura Nazarian de Morais, and Jolin Song
Freedom of union association is warranted in most jurisdictions. Within the company, this freedom may conflict with the freedom of entreprise. This Dbriefs webcast aims at presenting and understanding the extent of the trade unions/staff representatives' powers in the company and at comparing the constraints borne by the employer in different jurisdictions, including Brazil, China, France, Germany, and Spain. It would address the following key points:
- Do the trade unions/staff representatives have a right to be informed and/or consulted on all or part of the employer's decisions?
- Do they have a right to a co-determination of the employer's strategy?
- Are they entitled to negotiate with the employer to create rules applicable in the company?
- What are their means to operate at the workplace, e.g., via email, website, specific premises, etc.?
- What is the limit to their freedom of speech?
- Do they have legal capacity to bring a claim before the court/competent authorities in their name or in the name of the individual employees or together with the individual employees?
- Is there any mandatory requirement for the employer to allocate the funds for the trade union activities?
Specialists will enable the auditors to have a better idea of how to address and handle trade unions/staff representatives' claims at the workplace in various jurisdictions.
Register for this webcast
The basics of inheritance law, matrimonial property law and succession planning
Seminar | 12 December 2019 | 5:00 pm CET
Family harmony and sustainable shareholding
A team from Greenille by Laga will be facilitating a series of KU Leuven - Kulak seminars which will provide a basics training on inheritance law, matrimonial property law and succession planning. The facilitator team includes Katalien Bollen, Alain Laurent Verbeke, Patrizia Macaluso, Nadja Nijboer, Jan Van Ishoven and Bart Verdickt.
Teleworking: popular but in need of clarification (Zaventem)
Lunch Seminar | 14 January 2020 | 12:30 pm CET
In order to provide guidance and clarity regarding the telework and occasional telework rules, the Employment, pensions and benefits team is glad to invite participants for its next seminar series dedicated to this topic.