Upcoming seminars and webinars
Non-performing loan (NPL) transactions in Europe: Key legal and financial aspects
Dbriefs Legal | Webinar | 27 September 2017 | 12:00 pm CET
Host: Andrei Burz Pinzaru
Presenters: Andrei Burz Pinzaru, Guerino Cipriano, Ingrid Dubordieu, Ignacio Echenagusia, Albrecht Kindler, and Will Newton
A number of banks in Europe are still experiencing high levels of non-performing loans (NPLs). These NPL levels have a negative impact on bank lending, internal resources, and capital constraints of a bank. The last two years we have seen a flurry of political and supervisory activities focused on tackling the overhang on NPLs in the European market which have led in disposals of loan portfolios by many banks. According to the "Transparency Exercise" of the European Banking Authority just over Euro 1 trillion of NPLs are still on bank's books in the Eurozone. We will give an overview about regulatory and political initiatives and discuss this with a focus on transaction specifics in Central Europe, Spain, Germany, and Luxembourg:
- Deleveraging the European banking sector: outline of current regulatory and political initiatives.
- Key legal issues in NPL transfer documentation in Central Europe.
- Legal features of NPL acquisitions in Spain.
- Legal due diligence in NPL deals in Germany: main aspects to be considered.
- Structuring the acquisition: using Luxembourg securitization vehicles in NPL acquisitions.
Enhance your understanding of the specific features and legal issues of NPLs in various key European countries that may impact your company.
Insights from Deloitte's 2017 Human Capital Trends: Flexible employment in the gig economy
Dbriefs Legal | Webinar | 5 October 2017 | 12:00 pm CET
Host: Stijn Demeestere
Presenters: Fernando Bazan, Stijn Demeestere, and Susanna Tiihonen
The Deloitte's Human Capital Trends 2017 shows that the future of work has arrived now. Companies can no longer consider their workforce to be only the employees on their balance sheet, but must include interim workers, freelancers, "gig economy" workers, and crowds. These on- and off-balance sheet workers are being augmented with machines and software. Further, both companies and employees are increasingly demanding flexibility in terms of rewards, working time, and work location. We'll discuss:
- The concept of flexible resources, with focus on types of flexible resources, legal conditions, and points of attention.
- The flexibilities that companies have to change their resources' function, location, and working time in order to meet changing demands.
Learn more to get practical ideas on how to shape the workforce of the future.